STEAMPUNK DISNEY: Tinkerbell & Captain Hook



One of my many awesome friends (awesome because they love to dress up and be 'silly' with me) ditched her husband and dog (read 'baby') to come spend Halloween with me. She had made this awesome Steampunk Tinkerbell costume over the summer, so I figured I should make a related costume, and settled on Captain Hook.


Okay, primarily because I'd been itching to try out some Worbla (thermoplastic used by cosplayers for swords, body armor and the like)... And a Steampunk Hook seemed like a good project for it. Of course, I regretted this as it took much more time than I had anticipated (and didn't have) in the week leading up to Halloween Party! The plastic itself is pretty neat to work with, softens easily with a heat gun, adheres to itself and takes whatever shape you form it when soft. It cools to a hard, durable plastic. The priming, painting, sealing are extremely monotonous. I could've done better, but not bad for first (rushed) project and the result was passable. I put the hook piece on a dowel, rigged with wire that I could pull to raise the hook by moving my hand downward. 
Butterick 6114

I used Butterick 6114 for the Underdress and Jacket. I found that the underdress was way, way too long (what a waste of fabric) and had to take over 7 inches off. I even double-checked to make sure I had cut on the correct line, rather the longer variation, but I had! Usually I only have to take a few inches off, up to four or five for my not-tall stature. I also had to take the jacket in several inches in the waist. I liked the pattern overall, except for it makes one look puffy because the underdress is very voluminous and it's crammed into the jacket, lending one a decidedly frumpy look. I am about two inches smaller in the underbust/waist than this costume's end size. (Just something to be aware of if one wants a more fitted look.) Otherwise I like the style of it.

I purchased the white cotton fabric for the underdress. It has an embroidered medallion motif that you can't really see in these photos. Otherwise, I completely 'shopped my stash' for the rest of the sewn components; red taffeta with black flock polka dots, gold lame, black french gimp (braid), assorted brass buttons, interfacing, underlining for dress, gold basket weave pleather for sword belt/sash, black pleather inserts/tops to make my Victorian boots look more pirate. I also already had my tricorner hat with feathers, goggles, gold stopwatch necklace, kraken necklace, brass bangles to complete the ensemble.


Anyway, we had some fun taking photos in the sleet!


Comments

  1. Very cool costumes. Sorry 'bout the trouble making yours but there's often a learning-curve to new techniques. You'll benefit from that knowledge in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your car might be stolen if you don't keep this in mind!

    Consider that your car was taken! When you visit the police, they inquire about a particular "VIN search"

    Describe a VIN decoder.

    Similar to a passport, the "VIN decoder" allows you to find out when the car was born and who its "parent"( manufacturing plant) is. You can also find out:

    1.Type of engine

    2.Model of a car

    3.The DMV's limitations

    4.The number of drivers in this vehicle

    You will be able to locate the car, and keeping in mind the code ensures your safety. The code can be examined in the online database. The VIN is situated on various parts of the car to make it harder for thieves to steal, such as the first person sitting on the floor, the frame (often in trucks and SUVs), the spar, and other areas.

    What happens if the VIN is harmed on purpose?

    There are numerous circumstances that can result in VIN damage, but failing to have one will have unpleasant repercussions because it is illegal to intentionally harm a VIN in order to avoid going to jail or calling the police. You could receive a fine of up to 80,000 rubles or spend two years in prison. You might be held up on the road by a teacher.

    Conclusion.

    The VIN decoder may help to save your car from theft. But where can you check the car reality? This is why we exist– VIN decoders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. С той целью, чтобы обладать возможность управлять погрузчиком, полагается пройти качественное обучение и успешно сдать экзамены, свидетельствующие знания в этой области. Права тракториста-машиниста предоставляется в Гостехнадзоре и обязательно для тех, кто задумывает работать на специальной технике - купить права на погрузчик

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment