More Dottie Angel Wrap Dresses (Simplicity 8186)

Sometimes you just find a pattern that works perfectly, that's flattering but also comfortable!

And when you do, you'd be a fool not to MAKE ALL THE THINGS!

I already posted about the first dress I made with the Dottie Angel Pattern here.

I found the fit to be a bit loose/frumpy so I went down a size when I made my patchwork one. This required my piecing together a bunch of fabric leftovers my mother had given me. And then cutting the pieces for the dress out of those pieced sections of fabric.


The trouble with just dropping a pattern down a size, is that while it fits better in some places, it gets too small in others. So then I had to find some little fake camisole dickies to wear because the V in the neckline became much deeper. This could probably be allowed for, as with most patterns by using a full bust adjustment... But it wasn't critical here... 


This dress features some black shirting with golden/ochre colored birds, and paired perfectly with some leftover 'halloween' fabric I had, with a raven on it.


I put strawberries on the pocket of this purple gingham wrap top using my cricut, heat transfer vinyl and my heat press.



Comments

  1. My life has changed for the better since I started working with Priest Alaska. After having my son in 2023, I kept attracting men who were failures and had nothing to offer in a relationship or marriage. This went on for years until a coworker introduced me to Priest Alaska. He explained that he would perform a harmless ritual to ensure high-value men came into my life. Contrary to what everyone said, having a child wasn't the reason I struggled to find a good man. He told me exactly what to do and provide, and within a week, I met my current husband a successful surgeon; three months have passed, and he has transformed our lives. I had plenty of options to choose from after Priest Alaska finished his work; it was like a dream come true. I feel fulfilled now, as I have no worries with the man of my dreams by my side. You, too, can see your wishes come true by contacting him directly for help via email at alaskaspellcaster44@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment