More Dottie Angel Wrap Dresses (Simplicity 8186)

Sometimes you just find a pattern that works perfectly, that's flattering but also comfortable!

And when you do, you'd be a fool not to MAKE ALL THE THINGS!

I already posted about the first dress I made with the Dottie Angel Pattern here.

I found the fit to be a bit loose/frumpy so I went down a size when I made my patchwork one. This required my piecing together a bunch of fabric leftovers my mother had given me. And then cutting the pieces for the dress out of those pieced sections of fabric.


The trouble with just dropping a pattern down a size, is that while it fits better in some places, it gets too small in others. So then I had to find some little fake camisole dickies to wear because the V in the neckline became much deeper. This could probably be allowed for, as with most patterns by using a full bust adjustment... But it wasn't critical here... 


This dress features some black shirting with golden/ochre colored birds, and paired perfectly with some leftover 'halloween' fabric I had, with a raven on it.


I put strawberries on the pocket of this purple gingham wrap top using my cricut, heat transfer vinyl and my heat press.



Comments