1920s Flapper Dress


So this post is very, very late... I made this dress for my birthday party over a year ago. We did a fun 1920s themed murder mystery.

The dress is a simple four piece design with a hem that comes to points, done in black satin. The designwork is dark gold and light gold spandex, actually (hard to get a good antique gold fabric). I cheater 'appliqued' it on by backing the pieces with heat-n-bond and then laying them out into the pattern, which is weaved in some places and otherwise meets up in points. There is a center front and center back seam as well as side seams that all required proper laying out of the pieces to align. The neckline is outside-faced with the gold fabric. The hem is trimmed with 12 inch gold fringe.

If I had to do it again... I would (now having the capability) use vinyl and my heatpress... 
Still would need meticulous laying out, but not so much ironing! And it might lay a little smoother than the thicker applique (with the layer of heat-n-bond holding it together).


Comments

  1. So cute! It works as both a period-costume and a modern outfit. I'd totally wear this to a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🇺🇸🇮🇸🇺🇸🇮🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇮🇸🇺🇸🇭🇳🇬🇹🇱🇷🇮🇶🇮🇹🇬🇧🎴▶︎🇬🇭🇰🇮🇮🇳🇳🇺🇰🇼✅🇬🇩⫸🇭🇺🇬🇷▷🇬🇼🕔 Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $10,500.00 from an investment of just $1000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, he can also help you RECOVER your lost/stolen Cryptocurrencies. you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you🇬🇼🇮🇪🇭🇹🇱🇺🇹🇴🇮🇲🇬🇲🇩🇪🇮🇩🇰🇮🇬🇭🇮🇳🇱🇷🇮🇶

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment