MUMMY HUNTRESS COSTUME
SCARF: White Cotton Gauze, Simplicity 2581
HAT: French Pith Helmet, Village Hat Shop
CAMISOLE: White Cotton Poplin, based on Edwardian Corset Covers
PANTS: Linen, Big Sky Riding Skirt Pattern by Folkwear
BOOTS: Victorian costume boots, amazon.com (apparently discontinued/nonexistent)
BANDOLIERS & CATRIDGES: Black Poly & Wide Elastic, Glass Vials
AETHERAY GUN: Spray-painted squirt gun with mounted glass vial top (interchangeable vials)
BELT: Combed Cotton, Brass Grommets, Buckle
TROWEL: Marshalltown, Home Depot
MACHETE: Cheapo from Walmart, wrapped handle and sheath cover in faux leather
GLOVES: Crochet, by Zoia on etsy
THE EXPEDITION TEAM
Mummy Huntress, Cowgirl Adventurer, Steampunk Ghostbusters (with detector and proton pack), Lord-Adventurer, Lady Archaeologist (equipped with Trowel)
Okay, if I had the energy, I would also write up the Mystery at the Museum, pseudo-clue style, life-size board game I made up for the party, but alas... I'm lazy. Maybe for a later post.
(Some cheating on my part with store bought comestibles)
Chocolate Chip Scones
Choclate Raspberry Pound Cakes
(Frozen/Purchased) Cream Puffs
(Frozen/Purchased) Spinach Puffs
Roast Beef (French Dip Crockpot Recipe)
Other Additives (Rum, Whiskey, Sortilege)
Sloppy/Cheap Petit Fours = Hershey's Chocolate Raspberry Pound Cake + Cream Cheese Frosting
I made the cake batter to directions, only without reserving part of the preserves to spread over top. Also, I divided the batter in half, into two 13x9x2 pans. Line the bottoms with parchment or freezer paper, and loosen/remove cakes from pans after cooling for about ten minutes. Cool completely.
My Frosting Experiment
-8oz Cream Cheese
-1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
-Approximately 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
-Red Food Color
1. Cream butter and cream cheese together.
2. Add sugar and blend, about half a cup at a time until sweetened to taste, keeping the texture smooth but thick (you want it to be able to paste your cake layers together).
3. Add about a teaspoon of vanilla extract (to taste).
4. If desired, add a drop or two of raspberry extract (to taste).
5. Add red food coloring for pink effect.
6. Blend thoroughly until smooth.
7. Spread frosting on top of one sheet cake. Place other cake on top. Refrigerate until frosting is firmly set. Cut cake horizontally and vertically into squares.
8. Serve at Tea!