Heat Transfer Vinyl on Hats: A New Experiment

There is almost always a work around to having fancy, specialized equipment. Generally, it's a more labor-intensive methodology, but in this case it was a piece of cake.

All I had to do to be able to put vinyl designs on hats using my standard shirt heat press (which has a flat platen) was buy a larger teflon sheet, some magnets and heat resistant tape! 

Using scrap batting I rolled up and covered with my old teflon sheet stuck it in the hat, I could hold the front of the hat with the design taped in place against the surface of the heat press (covered with the teflon sheet; magnets holding it in place). 

There are lots of tutorials on how to do this online. The one I watched said that you had to use flock vinyl to get it to stick... but the flock wouldn't cut/weed at the detail I needed, so I said F#$% it, and ran it off in regular vinyl. 

It worked amazingly!



Comments

Post a Comment