Just a Note:

I am alive. Just been super preoccupied with THE SECRET PROJECT OF SECRETNESS, which has taken over my crafting life. It will be revealed eventually, but not for several months...

I will have to break and work on other projects shortly, so hopefully there will be some more interesting posts (of actually substance) soon.

Randomly,

  1. I feel the profound desire to create a Mrs.Lovett's costume after watching Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd again. I adore the red stripe Boardwalk dress with matching polka dot parasol. Her 'bathing-suit' is pretty kickin' as well. Okay, she just overall is fun, as is the entire costuming here, and in most of Tim Burton's films, for that matter...
  2. I am seriously considering how much easier it would be just to sew some underwear out of this excellent organic cotton jersey I have rather than to actually do my laundry (since I neglected to acquire a roll of quarters to do so)
  3. I am starting to feel the need to choose a Halloween costume for this year... because I feel it needs to be epic and probably should start working on it soon...
  4. Had the random urge today to look up sources of buckskin that I could use to practice working with the finished product, since someday I would like to tan deer hides myself. Don't ask me why buckskin leggings just struck me as a brilliant revelation at about 9am...

Comments

  1. You MUST make Ms. Lovett's stripe dress!! I adore that particular costume: I think in part because it's such a confection of a dress contrasted with her mess of crazy hair and darkly shaded eyes. Johnny Depp all gothed up makes a rather nice accessory as well...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment