ROARRReady for School! (Dinosaur Backpack)

I was actually quite productive a couple weekends ago, but sadly neglected to take photographic proof of said productivity. Luckily one of the projects was a Christmas gift for my room mate, so it was available for a photo shoot. My room mate said that my dress form looked like it was 'ready for school.'


I gave one of the backpack variations from McCall's 4610 a try. It's not a large backpack, and the straps are not adjustable, but it is cute (not too challenging a pattern with a clean finished product -no visible seams inside or out). The fabric was a spoonflower print by Dennis the Badger on canvas. Because I opted for a canvas fabric, I forwent (wow, that really is the proper conjugation of 'forgo') with the 'sew-in hair canvas' interfacing, and just used regular medium fusible pellon, and then used the fusible fleece for the second interfacing (that adheres to the lining) as prescribed. 

Stegosaurus is her favourite, so it appears twice on the front! Lined with green stripe cotton.

Comments

  1. What a cool backpack! While I'm not so keen on Stegosaurus, I loved Triceratops as a kid (and secretly still today). BUt nice handiwork, I once tried to sew a backpack and failed miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh... gorgeous backpack. Your talent amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's really cool! Glad to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment