THE VICTORIAN DRESS PROJECT: PART VIII (Corset!)


   I take it back, the Dritz eyelets worked quite well. Just took a deal of time, using tailor's awl, cutting, fray-checking and installing each eyelet.

Next time I'll make a size 12, since this is only moderately-laced and the back is about to meet at the waist. I think the rule of thumb is at least a couple inches even with tight-lacers (which I am not).


I am glad I went with the gusset variation, since my breasts are a bit crushed in this, but hey, it gives you the cleavage (nicely hidden by the chemise). Not to be worn without under layer or over layer, for certain. 

Comments

  1. this is beautiful! making a corset sounds so DIFFICULT. maybe i'm easily intimidated, but you are awesome!

    and as a comment on your profile info...i have a degree in psychology and i want to start a course in fashion design :x

    i'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment