Casual Steampunk? & Fall Wardrobe Ideas...

I'm thinking that for fall, I would like some new wardrobe. And since my stash is comprised of a lot of fabrics specifically chosen (randomly bought on sale) for their steampunk potential...

I think I want to make this dress, which can be paired with a simple vest (I'm thinking a brown suiting) for Casual (aka worn to work, etc.) as well as done up (with separate bustle, and underbust) for full Steampunk costuming.
 I'm going to use a silkessence (like for my 'Riding Habit' costume), three layers of ruffles at the hem, ruffles along a placket in the center front, puffy sleeves, and of course, a hood (I have a bit of an addiction for them...) The underbust in this great black and white stripe cotton I couldn't resist, with waistcoat style hemline and welt pocket (for my pocket watch), and probably some of the great brass buttons my mom got me for my birthday.

Other pieces I would love to make for the fall (if I had the fricken time!):

A 70s outfit, a la Annie from Life on Mars (the awesome UK version, not the mediocre US one)


Perhaps, utilizing this freebie vintage pattern (1972) that's come my way... I think I would alter the vest for the lapel of Annie's, and perhaps the collar of the blouse, too.

I just need to find some cheesy 70s print lawn for the blouse. I have the perfect pinstripe suiting for the vest. I probably have something for the skirt, too... maybe... hopefully... because I really, really want to destash and not buy more fabric for a long while. Notions, they'll probably need to be aquired...

Also would like to make the 40s dresses that have been in the Project queue for over a year :-( Damn me! I think the whole 'I'm going to work on stuff to put in my etsy shop' needs to be rethought. ME! ME! ME! ME! Er... I mean, I had better work on stuff for me as to practice honing my skills. Yeah, that's it.

Alright, alright. To work with me. Custom orders and TO DO LIST items first...

Comments

  1. Ha, I'm the opposite way. Instead of thinking Me Me Me I need to start thinking - maybe this should go in the etsy shop. It's too nice a day today to be in crafting though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment