If there are so many, what's novel about mine? Nothing, really. Firstly, it simply seems a waste to lose all of the procedure and work involved in designing, crafting, and finishing pieces that border on artwork. Also, due to the mass-produced, on-the-rack nature of clothing items, the majority of people are completely unaware of the effort and time that goes into a handmade piece. Secondly, this has the potential to keep a bit more focused and on track by actually writing down my crafting thoughts and goals, rather than keeping them confined to my messy brain.
To that end,
Some Goals for 2011:
- Alice Coat (to go with my dress -below- based on SyFy's Alice)
Madame Chan Meets Victoria Steampunk Tunic(already in progress) Tinkerer's Frock Coat(only requires finishing touches)
- Design Simpler Version of Tinkerer's Frock Coat
- Butterick 4790 in Rockabilly Cherry Fabric (pattern image below)
Non-seasonal Kitchen Apron Pajamas that were supposed to be a Christmas present for roommate(dinosaur flannel, of course!)
- Project for Daily Commute by Bus (likely involving hand embroidery)
- Halloween Costume of Elaborateness (specifics yet to be determined...)
- Victorian Day Dress (to be completed by my birthday, as a birthday present to me-selfish, I know)
- gloves & parasol?
- acquirement of granny boots (which I do not have the capability to make myself)